Thank you for purchasing Lightroom presets from the Nicolesy Store! In the videos below you will learn how to install and use your preset files:
- Install & Apply Lightroom Presets
- Install & Apply Photoshop ACR (Adobe Camera Raw) Files
- Install & Apply LUT files in Photoshop
- Use LUT files with the LUT Mapping filter in Luminar
Installing & CC Presets (Lightroom Classic & ACR):
First, in Lightroom, go to the Lightroom Preferences (NOT Catalog Preferences) and make sure that the "Store preset with this catalog" option is not checked.
Then, navigate to the Camera Raw > Settings folder and copy the .xmp preset files to that folder. Here is an alternate method of locating that folder:
Mac: ~ / Library / Application Support / Adobe / CameraRaw / Settings
Windows: C: \ ProgramData \ Adobe \ CameraRaw \ Settings
Alternately, you can access the folder with this method:
- Open Lightroom CC (make sure it is updated to the new version)
- Go to Lightroom > Preferences
- Click the "Preset" section at the top
- Click the "Show Lightroom Presets Folder"
- Ignore the folder it highlights, and instead go up to the Camera Raw folder and open it
- Open the Settings folder and copy your .xml presets files into this folder
- Restart Photoshop or Lightroom Classic and the presets/profiles should be installed.
Installing & CC Presets (Lightroom CC):
- Open Lightroom CC and access the Presets panel.
- Next, click on the "..." drop down and select Import Presets.
- Navigate to the folder containing the .xml files and select it to import into Lightroom CC. Your profiles will then install and are ready to use.
Installing & Applying LUT files into Photoshop
Using LUT files with Luminar
Installing & Applying Lightroom Presets (Old Version)
This video demonstrates how to install and apply presets into older versions of Lightroom (Lr 6, etc.):
Installing & Applying ACR Files (Old Version)
This video demonstrates how to install and apply presets into older versions of ACR (Camera Raw 9, etc.):
Please use these locations on your computer to install the ACR .xmp preset files:
Username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Camera Raw/Settings
(If you don't see the Library folder, do the following: Open up the Terminal application on your computer, and enter the following text: chflags nohidden ~/Library/, then click the Return key).WINDOWS: